Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shoe Review: SCOTT T2C LTD


I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE! To purchase these shoes visit www.takeitrunning.com or Call Me at 314-246-9225. I will ship anywhere.


Disclaimer: While I do sell Scott shoes, I will not let that impact my review of these shoes. There are some things I like and don't like about them. So lets get it on...

The Scott T2C LTD is described as this on their website: 

"..the T2C LTD is one of the fastest running shoes ever. The unique midsole design of this minimalist running shoe promotes a healthier body position and a more efficient running form.

The shoe uses their e-Ride & Ion Mask technologies.

Ergologic Ride™



"Run more naturally:

1.) With its mild Rocker Shape and lower heel height, the unique midsole design promotes a healthier body position and running form.
2.) EMG Testing at the “Human Performance Lab”, University of Calgary*, indicates that the eRide-Technology is more energy efficient than standard designs.
3.) eRide enables a midfoot strike while providing a more cushioned and stable platform. The unique shape smoothly accommodates heel, midfoot or forefoot strikers.
4.) The rocker heel shape effectively creates a lower profile heel, minimizing heel-strike.
5.) The mild rocker geometry creates a smoother transition between phases of the gait cycle and more efficient propulsion.
6.) The minimalistic sole design is lighter weight and puts the foot closer to the ground, while still providing necessary cushioning, protection and traction."

Ion-mask™



"Invisible to wearers, the protective layer of ion-mask™ is over one thousand times thinner than a human hair. The technology is molecularly bonded to the whole surface of the product making it extremely durable without affecting the look or feel of the product. Furthermore, ion-mask™ lasts as long as the material itself and is not compromised by everyday wear. Treated articles keep wearers comfortable and dry by repelling water from outside and maintaining optimum control of temperature and breathability. By resisting the absorption of water and dirt, ion-mask™ also helps guard against stains, making products look newer for longer."

Well... Here's my opinion after running about 15-20 miles in them:

After running for the last 2-3 months in Altras I was excited to try another shoe that was said to be "Minimalist." However when I put them on I didn't feel as though they were minimal at all. I don't know if this is Altra-syndrome causing this, or what. They are light-weight but that is about where the minimalism stopped in my opinion. There is some pretty substantial support in the mid-foot and heel with these shoes and for the life of me I couldn't find anything out about the Heel/Toe drop measurements. Unfortunately I don't have calipers at my disposal so I couldn't get all up in the shoe with them either. The shoe is also a little different with their e-Ride system (much like the new Sketchers GORun). Essentially the shoe bulges out in the mid-foot area like a rocking chair leg. This is said to promote more of a natural flow from a heel to toe running form and also be more efficient for mid/fore-foot runners. The build up in the mid-foot is also said to decrease the amount of energy spent when pushing off and allow runners to go farther. I am not sure I believe that but I can say the ride in these shoes is pretty comfortable. I used these first for a 4 mile recovery run and they made my legs and feet feel very happy. Since then I have taken them out on a few different 3-4 mile occasions. Also the shoes are wider than your standard would be racing shoes. I have a very wide foot and found they were only a little snug. This can/will be remedied with some lacing magic. They have performed well and are a nice break in my running from the Altras. However, I won't be abandoning my Altras anytime soon. 


I think for me as someone who is used to running in a Zero Drop shoe, these work well for recovery runs and are a nice chance of pace every once in awhile. I do wish I would have found these shoes prior to going Zero Drop because I think they would be a great transition shoe when going minimal.


Now lets get to the looks of them...

I know that as long as your body is happy one should not care about running. For example Phoebe on Friends really didn't care what she looked like. See how happy she was...




Ok, but we live in a world where looks are kind of a big deal and runners size you up from  the moment you put on your nut hugging tights. I really don't think these shoes do much in the looks department. The frumpy blackness of them doesn't really go well with the red. And when you put them together, they don't scream racing shoe. Their other shoes seem to be much more in your face with the color schemes, I just don't get why this one got hit with the ugly stick.


Shiny New Shoes
 In closing, I would buy these shoes (from me). However, if you are a minimal runner, they may not be for you. However, if you are thinking of transitioning to a more mid/fore-foot form, these shoes  (and the other Scott shoes w/ eRide) will work out swell for you.


If you have any questions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment